Our client, a highly reputable international general contractor, is looking to hire a Bridge Superintendent!
Our client is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. The company delivers lasting value for their clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, their passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, our client has the resources, capacity, and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale, and complexity.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Superintendent will be responsible for providing direct supervision and coordination of general foremen and/or foremen, subcontractors, and the coordination of project equipment, materials and labour. The S2 Superintendent strives to complete the project on time and on budget.
- Responsible for site staffing, quality control, sub-trade coordination, project scheduling, field cost control, safety administration and reporting
- Determines the method of construction, manpower requirements, materials quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documentation of hours worked
- Coordinates assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments or other contractors.
- Maintains liaison with engineering, estimating and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule.
- Assists in resolving construction problems as required.
- Monitors compliance with company and site safety programs, documents and ensures corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintains ongoing communication with project manager, foremen and subcontractors.
- Takes an active role in the hiring, training, terminating and assigning of field personnel, and for monitoring performance in conjunction with the General Superintendent or Project Manager. Assists with grievance issues, and general site labour issues.
- Is involved with and implements management decisions, such as construction methods, schedule, quality, and safety.
- Monitors and addresses job cost and performance of construction projects in conjunction with the project manager and foremen.
- Responsible for on-site project administration and reporting (payroll administration, labour coding of time, equipment coding, material purchase order coding) adhering to Company standards.
- Assists with preparation for project mark-up meetings, project specific labour negotiations, grievance issues, training and education coordination of field staff, and general site labour issues.
- Is involved with initial project site mobilization and project close-out.
- Assists project managers with resolution of outstanding claim items and with warranty follow-up.
- Assists with client liaison and marketing including project pre-qualification, new project information, client feedback, etc.
- Assists with the preparation of execution plans, ITPs, safe work plans, work assignments, etc.
- Directs all testing.
- Takes on the role of S1 Superintendent for interim periods if required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Journeyman or inter-provincial trade certification
- 10 years of construction experience
- Minimum 5 years construction supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations and engineering required.
- Knowledge on the principles of and uses cost benefit analysis
- Knowledge on the impact of change on cost and schedule
- Knowledge of construction engineering and design (ie: formwork, hoisting, access, soils)
- Ability to supervise and evaluate craft personnel essential
- Computer literate in a Windows environment
- Ability to interpret computerized data
- Ability to identify potential risks
What the company offers you
- Generous salary
- Annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Company truck
- Fuel card
- Ownership shares
Apply or Learn More
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by sumbitting your application above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!