The Pederson Group has partnered with Wright Construction Western Inc. to search for a Senior Project Manager to manage a large portfolio of work including schools, hospitals, sports arenas, commercial buildings, assisted living complexes, etc..
Wright has been a leader in the construction industry for over a century. Wright and its predecessor companies were involved in monumental structures in Saskatoon, such as, the Delta Bessborough Hotel, United Church on Third Avenue, and several original U of S Buildings starting in 1910. Wright’s projects range from retail commercial construction, industrial construction, and institutional construction.
The Senior Project Manager will ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget and that project objectives are met.
- Organize and direct the project work flow with Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants, and Owners.
- Create overall schedule with the Site Superintendent
- Participate in pre-job planning/site layout meetings
- Manage and control costs on each project.
- Subtrade and supplier’s management.
- Facilitate weekly subtrade meetings
- Attend and participate in owner meetings.
- Understand owner expectations and develop professional working relationships.
- Schedule critical deliveries and understand critical paths.
- Identify, review, submit, and implement all RFI’s in conjunction with the project team.
- Review subcontractor submittals.
- Review, collect pricing, submit and implement all contract changes.
- Monitor subtrade quality of work and direct corrective actions where required.
- Organize and oversee all inspections and testing.
- Understand and manage risk
- Review site hazards when attending the job site.
- Promote Wright Construction culture and ethics.
- Demonstrate leadership in Wright Construction policies and procedures, including the safety culture. Promote education and awareness of these policies and procedures to work team.
- Ensure subtrade safety paperwork is completed.
- Attend monthly toolbox meetings.
Experience & Qualifications
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is required
- Ideally a large scale project portfolio – projects $40m+
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Timberline, BIM and AutoCAD
- Experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are preferred but not required
What the company offers you
- Generous base salary
- Bonus plan
- Vehicle Allowance
- Benefits including health, dental, life insurance
- RRSP Matching
- Hybrid or WFH options available
- Fantastic working environment with strong career growth opportunities
Apply or Learn More
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by completing the application form above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!