The Pederson Group has been retained by The NorthWest Company (NWC) to conduct a search for a Construction Manager.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Their stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household items and local lifestyle needs.
In your role as Construction Manager, you oversee contractors as well as the engineering and construction of all facilities to ensure they are constructed in the most economical and efficient manner to suit their business requirements.
- Acting as the Owner’s rep, you will oversee all contractors on various job-sites
- Assist in the development of facilities including stores and warehouses across the globe
- Identify and validate project scope, risks, constraints, dependencies, and resource demands;
- Oversee capital projects and monitor projects against planned budget and schedule;
- Ensure the proper energy initiatives are taken into account when designing our facilities to ensure we’re utilizing appropriate technology where applicable to rationalize a return on our investment;
- Ensure projects are engineered in line with long term standards and specifications goals and initiatives from cost effectiveness and a utilitarian perspective;
- Monitor and audit project deliverables through the life of the project, make recommendations and report;
- Work closely with Project Managers and Senior Management to resource projects and meet the scope, budget and timelines;
- Manage Project Managers/Coordinators in accordance with leadership principles;
- Ensure project’s risk are identified and managed; and,
- Distribute project ongoing communication and escalate issues appropriately;
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with project management or site superintendent duties
- Combination of work experience in corporate retail or retail projects and project management education is desired;
- Efficiency with AutoCAD;
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset;
- Knowledge of retail design, construction, and facility management processes is an asset;
- Performance analysis of workflow and processes, knowledge of business functional groups is preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Microsoft Project is required;
- Strong organization, time management and people management skills; capable of operating independently with minimal direction;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize them while adhering to strict schedule deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations;
What the company offers you
NWC can offer a generous base salary, bonus, RRSP, benefits as well as a fantastic working environment with room for vertical growth.
Apply or Learn More
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by completing the application form above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!