The Pederson Group has partnered with M Builds (Winnipeg branch) to search for a Concrete Foreman.
Consistently in the Top 40 Contractors in Canada, M Builds provides innovative, custom development and construction services for commercial, industrial, retail and residential facilities across Canada. M Builds is a construction company driven by their values and sense of obligation to the communities they work in.
Reporting to the Concrete Division Manager, the responsibilities of the Concrete Foreman include coordinating the daily site activities & working alongside concrete form workers, finishers, & laborers to ensure that work is completed as per project and company standards.
The Concrete Foreman is a self-starter who is able to coordinate materials deliveries, equipment, and labour resources while overseeing the safety of crew teams under your supervision.
- Correctly review and interpret drawings and specifications to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed
- Overseeing all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing, and curing
- Dividing concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion
- Delegating tasks to concrete crews and providing overall guidance
- Maintaining accurate records of the number of hours worked and the amount of materials used for each project
- Ensuring that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings
- Inspecting concrete after the formwork and shoring have been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness
Experience & Qualifications
- Formwork - 5+ years of concrete construction experience in building: sidewalks, ramps, aprons, grade beams, pile caps, pads and slabs
- Finishing - 5+ years of concrete construction experience in finishing: sidewalks, ramps, aprons, grade beams, pile caps, pads and slabs
- Valid Class 5 driver's license, reliable transportation
- First aid and other training certificates are considered an asset
- Journeyman Carpenter ticket would be an asset but not a requirement
What the company offers you
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment
- Opportunity to work as both a general contractor as well as sub-contractor on other contractors’ projects
Apply or Learn More
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by submitting your application above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!