The Pederson Group has been retained by Yara International to conduct a search for an Industrial Sales Manager!
Yara is a Norwegian based company converting energy, natural minerals and nitrogen into crop nutrition products and industrial solutions. With over 20 years in business, continuous operations in more than 50 countries, and sales in 150 countries, Yara is a global leading provider of nitrogen based mineral fertilizers and industrial products. The company is the global leader in ammonia, nitrates, and specialty fertilizers.
Yara needs an ambitious and self-driven Industrial Sales Manager to run the Yara Industrial Solutions’ Transport Reagents Business Unit. Yara’s Transport Reagent Business Unit is the global leader in Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) production. The Industrial Sales Manager will oversee the Western Canada Territory - including BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
- Fully responsible for the Profit and Loss of Transport Reagents Business in Canada
- Responsible to drive the business, set priorities and ensure that all actions are aligned with Yara’s overall interests and strategy
- Prepare annual budget including volume and gross margin and deliver monthly reporting to management
- Implement the marketing and sales strategy including price policy as defined by management
- Regularly visit customers and prospects, build relationship with key accounts, actively develop new accounts, and negotiate contract renewals
- Vigorously gather and analyze business intelligence regarding customers, competitors, associations, and technology. Identify and propose action plans to capture opportunities and mitigate risks
- Develop Yara brand through adequate integrated marketing communication channels
- Ensure end-to-end delivery in close collaboration with customer service, supply chain, finance department and external logistics providers
- Identify, develop, and implement projects in collaboration with other departments and external service providers
Health Safety Quality:
- Always keep safety in mind and live Yara Safe by Choice culture. Ensure safe operations for our people and plants, suppliers and customers including safety briefings, site inspections, pre-delivery inspections, near miss analysis, and safe driving practices.
- Know, apply and enforce ISO procedures
- Handle client complaints, non-conformity and participate in internal audits
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree science or 5 years of relative experience
- Similar experience ideally in fuel, DEF or diesel distribution
- Experience in operations and logistics management
- Accountability, business, and result orientation
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on with strong customer orientation
- Strong negotiation and management skills
- Ability to build and maintain long term professional relationships
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners but also work autonomously
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to synthesize trends and facts into clear reports and impactful presentations
- Adaptability and growth mindset
- Curious, creative, willing to learn and develop the business further
- Ability to handle pressure and prioritize
- Enthusiastic, patient, resilient, empathic, and able to influence
- Comfortable with digital / computer tools
- Home office location in Central/Eastern Canada
What the company offers you
- Robust compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer Matching Pension Plan
- Paid vacation (weeks negotiable)
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- Vast room for vertical growth
Apply or Learn More
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by submitting your application above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!