The Pederson Group has been retained by Yara International to conduct a search for an Automation Engineer!
Yara is a Norwegian based company converting energy, natural minerals and nitrogen into crop nutrition products and industrial solutions. With over 20 years in business, continuous operations in more than 50 countries, and sales in 150 countries, Yara is a global leading provider of nitrogen based mineral fertilizers and industrial products. The company is the global leader in ammonia, nitrates, and specialty fertilizers.
Reporting to the Electrical and Automation Lead Engineer, the Automation Engineer will be responsible for configuring, updating, maintaining, administrating and the security of the following systems: distributed control system, supervisory control and data acquisition system, safety shutdown system, human machine interfaces, assorted programmable logic controllers, and the Ethernet process control network infrastructure. This includes all ancillary systems (such as data historian, domain controllers).
- Ensure the control systems are operating with full availability and systems are meeting the needs of operators
- Provide supervision, oversight performance management for Control/Automation Group Technologists/Technician
- Design/implementation of capital and alteration work involving the Yara control systems following management of change procedures, including updating documentation
- Maintain and troubleshoot the control and safety system hardware and software. Install bypasses on systems, in coordination with operations, in abnormal operating conditions
- Provide technical support and information regarding the control system to other departments
- Analyse process data and event histories to provide a sequence of events and trip “first-out” information to determine the root causes of abnormal operating conditions and equipment failure and to propose changes to prevent these incidents from recurring
- Provide training for the control system’s operations/maintenance/controls team
- Ensure that alarm management best practices are followed for all control system modifications/ additions and that process safety has been considered/ accounted for before making control system changes
- Maintain technical expertise in state-of-the-art technology for control systems
- Provide support for the IT Controls Technician to ensure the process control network is secure & complies with best practices
- Work directly with IT Controls Technician/Technologist
Experience and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a field related to industrial control systems
- At least 5 years of related experience is preferred
- Eligibility for registration with APEGS as a P.Eng. is required
- Familiarity with Honeywell Experion DCS, Triconex SIS, Modbus communication, HAZOP and TCP-IP networking and security are assets
- Familiarity in an industrial plant setting is preferred. Applicants must have demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
What The Company Offers You:
- Be part of a leading industrial nitrogen company while investing in your career
- Opportunity for major vertical growth
- Robust compensation package including bonuses
- Industry leading benefit program
- Commitment to learning — courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now by submitting your application above.
To learn more about the opportunity, contact Justis Pederson at +1 204-926-8860 EXT. 8860 or [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!